Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd
The Sun-Herald City2Surf presented by Westpac: Meet The Veronicas!
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promotion is a game of chance. A winner who has met the selection criteria will be selected at random.
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 16 years of age and over as at the promotion commencement date. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
4. The promotion commences on 12:01am AEST Sunday, July 16, 2016 and concludes on 11:59pm AEST Wednesday, August 3, 2016 (“Promotional Period”).
5. The promotion will be advertised in The Sun-Herald, the City2Surf website and social media accounts.
6. To enter, participants must:
a) Enter The Sun-Herald City2Surf presented by Westpac event on Sunday, August 14, 2016 by 11:59pm AEST Wednesday, August 3, 2016 via the website city2surf.com.au.
7. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants may only enter this promotion once.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Prize Winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering/fundraising the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Entries must be received by 11:59pm AEST Wednesday, August 3, 2016. The time of entry will in each case be the online entry is received by the registration platform on the City2Surf website. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
13. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
14. There will be one (1) Prize Winner.
15. The Prize Winner will receive:
a) A meet and greet with The Veronicas for two (2) people on City2Surf event day, Sunday, August 14, 2016 valued at $1,000.
16. The total value of the prize is $1,000 (including GST).
17. Final meeting location to be determined by the Promoter.
18. The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
19. Unless expressly stated, all costs and expenses associated with taking the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize Winner, including:
a) Spending money
b) Meals and drinks;
c) Transport to/from the City2Surf start line
20. If the prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Prize Winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that the Prize Winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Prize Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
22. By accepting the prize, the Prize Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
23. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Prize Winner, the Prize Winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the Prize Winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The Prize Winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Prize Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
24. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Prize Winner, the Prize Winner hereby permits the Prize Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Prize Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the Prize Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
25. All entries received throughout the promotional period will be included in the prize draw that will take place at Fairfax Media, Wharf 10, 52 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, Sydney NSW 2009 at 10:00am AEST Thursday, August 4, 2016. The Prize Winner will be notified via telephone within 2 days of the Prize Determination Date and announced on the website city2surf.com.au.
26. The judge’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the promotion result.
27. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, the prize will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
28. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
29. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Prize Winner. If a prize remains unclaimed by a Prize Winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by 9:00am AEST Thursday, August 11, 2016, the prize will be re-drawn excluding the Prize Winner that has failed to claim the prize. This Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at Fairfax Media, Wharf 10, 52 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, Sydney NSW 2009 at 9:00am AEST Thursday, August 11, 2016. The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Determination will be notified by telephone within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination Date and will be announced on the website city2surf.com.au on Thursday, August 11, 2016.
30. FOR EVENT BASED PRIZES: The Prize must be taken on Sunday, August 14, 2016. If a winner and companion are, for whatever reason, unable to accept the prize on the nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Prize Winner. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
31. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Prize Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
32. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Prize Winner may be required to sign a legal release form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
33. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
34. The Promoter and the prize supplier shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter and the prize supplier are not responsible for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
35. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
36. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
37. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
38. The Prize Winner releases the Promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the major prize or any other aspect of the prize.
39. AUTOMATIC OPT-IN: By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
40. The Promoter will not share your personal information with other organisations unless:
a) Unless you give us your express consent, or
b) Sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or
c) This is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
41. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winner’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
42. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of Wharf 10, 52 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
43. Authorised under permit numbers: ACT Permit No ACT TP 15/07488; NSW Permit No LTPM/16/00170