Road Closures and Special Event Clearway areas have changed for 2017.
Residents should be aware of the new Special event clearways below:
- 1am until 12midday in the Sydney CBD, Darlinghurst, Double Bay and Edgecliff
- From Double Bay to Rose Bay: 1am until 12midday on both sides of New South Head Rd.
- From Rose Bay to Dover Heights: 1am until 4pm on both sides of New South Head Rd, Old South Head Rd and Military Rd.
- From Dover Heights to Bondi: 1am to 4pm on both sides of Military Road
Clearways are strict ‘no parking’ zones – even if you have a local resident or mobility parking permit. Check signs carefully when parking, particularly the night before the event as vehicles left in a signposted clearway will be towed and a fee will apply. If your car has been towed, call the Traffic Information Line on 132 701 to find its new location.
Road closures will be implemented at varying times but local access points will still be available until 7am.
Local Area Access Points:
- Woolloomooloo: Crown St crossover open until 7:30am
- Darlinghurst: Victoria St & Darlinghurst Rd crossover
- Edgecliff: Access from Ocean Ave southbound only until 7:30am
- Double Bay: Access from Cross St to Bellevue Rd southbound only until 7:30am
- Vaucluse: Access to & from Towns Rd and Vaucluse Rd until 7:30am
- Vaucluse: Exit from Watsons Bay via Old South Head Road southbound only until 7:30am
Please use the maps below to view road closure and special event clearway locations in your area. Each coloured line represents a different road closure and special event clearway time.