Travel on public transport services is covered for City2Surf 2018 participants and volunteers. Simply present your race bib, Finisher's medallion or volunteers t-shirt to transport staff when boarding public transport. This includes:
- Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog stations)
- Regular and special event shuttle bus services
- Ferry services
- Light Rail services
Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event ticket does not include the access fee, so if you're travelling from these stations you'll need to pay the train station access fee.
For details on transport services included in this entitlement, visit transportnsw.info.
Please ensure you plan your trip before leaving home.
With extensive road closures and limited parking the best way to get to and from City2Surf is by public transport. Additional services on popular bus routes to the city will run early in the morning to get you to the start line. From the finish area, shuttle buses will run frequently between Bondi Beach and Bondi Junction to help you get home. From Bondi Junction, you can catch one of the many trains or route buses to continue your journey home. Visit transportnsw.info for all the details.
Bondi Junction Parking
Eastgate carpark at Bondi Junction are offering $15 flat rate fee for all day parking on any level for City2Surf participants.
Private Bus & Coach Parking
Private charter buses can pick up passengers from the designated load zone on the northern side of Curlewis Street between Glenayr Avenue and 130 Curlewis Street, Bondi. The best access route to this location is eastbound on Curlewis Street.
Operators must note that Curlewis Street is not a bus layover facility and buses parked in the special event clearway will be towed away. Private charter buses should lay over in O’Sullivan Road (eastern side) between New South Head Road and Old South Head Road. Please note, there are low hanging trees along some sections of O'Sullivan Rd and therefore not suitable parking for double decker buses.
Road Closure Map
Major roads along and surrounding the 14km course from the Sydney CBD to Bondi Beach will be closed.
- Roads around Hyde Park near the start line will close from as early as 3:30am
- Roads between the city and Edgecliff will close from 6am* NEW
- Roads between Double Bay and North Bondi will close from 7am
- Roads around Bondi Beach near the finish area will close from 6am* NEW
*NEW for 2018, sections of the course will close one hour earlier than previous years, at 6am, including:
- Woolloomooloo to Edgecliff - from William St at Yurong St to New South Head Rd at Ocean Ave.
- North Bondi to Bondi - from Military Rd at Blair St to Campbell Pde at Ramsgate Ave.
Roads in the city reopen first around midday and roads through the Eastern Suburbs reopen progressively from 1pm, 2pm and by 4pm at the finish area.
Refer to the interactive map above for more specific details on road closure times, locations. You can also visit livetraffic.com for a detailed listing.
Local Access Points
Crossover points along the course will be maintained for local access until 7am and 7:30am only, after these times no vehicle access is available until roads have reopened.
Vehicle crossover points:
● Woolloomooloo: Crown St at William St two-way crossover open until 7:30am
● Darlinghurst: Victoria St / Darlinghurst Rd crossover (open throughout event)
● Darling Point: Exit only one-way from New Beach Rd to Neild Ave open until 7:00am
● Edgecliff: Exit only one-way from Ocean Ave to Ocean St open until 7:30am
● Double Bay: Exit only one-way from Cross St to Bellevue Rd until 7:30am
● Vaucluse: Towns Rd / Vaucluse Rd at New South Head Rd two-way crossover open until 7:30am
● Vaucluse/Watsons Bay: Exit only one-way from Old South Head Rd at New South Head Rd until 7:30am
● North Bondi/Bondi Beach: Exit only one-way from Brighton Blvd at Campbell Pde open until 7:00am
Refer to the interactive map above for local access times and locations. You can also visit livetraffic.com for a detailed listing.
Special Event Clearways
Special event clearway parking restrictions will be in place along the entire 14km event course again this year. Clearways are strict ‘no parking’ zones, even for local residents and RMS Mobility Scheme permit holders. Remember to check signs carefully at the following locations as vehicles left in clearways will be towed and a fee applies:
- Sydney CBD, Darlinghurst and Edgecliff: 1am to 12pm on various roads near the start line, William St, Bayswater Rd and New South Head Rd.
- Double Bay to Rose Bay: 1am to 12pm on both sides of New South Head Rd.
- Rose Bay to Dover Heights: 1am to 4pm on both sides of New South Head Rd, Old South Head Rd and Military Rd.
- Dover Heights to North Bondi: 1am to 4pm on both sides of Military Rd.
- Bondi: 1am to 4pm on both sides of Bondi Rd, Old South Head Rd and Campbell Pde.
If your car has been towed, call the Traffic Information Line on 132 701 to find its new location.
Clearways are not limited to the locations listed above and will also affect local roads surrounding the course route. Refer to the interactive map above for more specific details on special event clearway locations and times. You can also visit livetraffic.com for a detailed listing.
A summary of information for residents affected by changed traffic conditions along the City2Surf course can be accessed by clicking the relevant link below.