City2Surf is committed to making the event a memorable and enjoyable day for all! Click on the links below for more info.
Any participants wishing to compete with an everyday wheelchair must enter into the Back of the Pack - Orange Start Group. No day wheelchairs are permitted in any other start groups.
It is important to note that Race Wheelchairs are not permitted to be used in any start group, other than those Athletes who have qualified for the Elite Wheelchair Athlete division.
Please see below a map that identifies accessible and non-accessible routes around Hyde Park.
Drop off point
The accessible drop off location for the event is located on Phillip Street between King Street and Martin Place in the accessible drop off location only. Entry via King st then left onto Phillip St. It is important to note that this is only a drop off zone and you cannot park in this location. Please refer to map below. Keep an eye out for the accessible drop off signage.
- The closest accessible stations to the Orange wave start area on Macquarie St are St James, Martin Place and Town Hall.
- From St James, take the lift to the Elizabeth St exit then travel along St James Rd to reach Macquarie St.
- From Martin Place, take the lift to Macquarie St then travel south towards St James Rd.
- From Town Hall, take the lift to the station concourse then the lift to George St at exit 2. From George St travel along Park St, Elizabeth St then St James Rd to reach Macquarie St.
- The closest bus stops to the Orange Back of the Pack start wave are located along Elizabeth St at Hyde Park and Martin Place.
- The majority of local bus services in NSW are accessible. You can plan an accessible trip using the Trip Planner at transportnsw.info. On printed bus timetables, look for the wheelchair symbol or letter “a” for accessible.
- Guests with disability or limited mobility are strongly encouraged to arrive earlier as buses are expected to be in demand with limited capacity and may experience delays due to the road closures.
- Accessible parking is available at the Domain Carpark
Event course and toilets will be accessible to all participants. Please refer to the course map below.
Please see below an accessible map for Bondi.
Sometimes events can become very overwhelming for a person with a sensory disability. With all these sounds, smells and sights to see, it can sometimes overload a person’s thought process with the overstimulation of their senses. Quiet spaces are designed for anyone needing a short time away from the stress and stimulation of an environment. It allows them to feel relaxed, supports people to calm down or feel safe to meltdown.
A quiet space will be available at the following location:
- Bondi Pavillion - Room TBC
The Hordern Pavilion is the host venue for the 2023 City2Surf Expo. The venue is completely accessible for all guests.
- Entry/Exits: These are wide enough for all accessibility requirements of our athletes.
- Queuing: The queuing is wide enough for all athletes to use the same queuing.
- Check In: Once athletes get to the front of the queuing line they will be allocated to check in desk that is available. We will have 2 desks at convenient height for our accessible athletes. Athletes will be directed to these desks.
- Toilets: There are accessible toilets on the ground floor for guests to use
- Expo: The expo has been designed for all athletes. There is no raised flooring and the floor level is the same throughout the whole expo. The walk ways are wide enough to accommodate the accessibility requirements of all athletes.
- Parking: there are accessible parking spots at the Entertainment Quarter.
- Food and Beverage: there will be food options available at expo along with other restaurants within the Entertainment Quarter.
Pick Up Point
An Accessible pick up location will be located on Warners Ave (behind Bondi Beach Public School). Access will be Eastbound along Ramsgate Ave, right onto Wairoa Ave and then right onto Warners Ave. Pick up location will be in parking bays on south side of Warners Ave behind the school. This will be operational between 8am and 4pm on race day. Please note that this is within a Special Event Clearway so passengers will need to be ready to get into the vehicle as soon as the vehicle arrives. No parking is allowed in this area.
Shuttle buses will transport participants from Bondi Beach directly to Bondi Junction Interchange. Not all buses leaving Bondi will be accessible please notify staff when waiting in the cue that you need accessible access.
- Participants can access the shuttle bus queues from Queen Elizabeth Drive, ensure you queue on the right side of the bus queues and notify staff when you queue. When you reach the roundabout stick right
- The foot path from the finish line to the bus services is flat and accessible for all. From Bondi Junction, catch the lift down to the station to connect with trains or change for another route bus at the Interchange.
If you require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our staff who can assist guests with access requirements to plan their trip and provide information about accessible services and facilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org